West Country Midwives provide maternity and childbirth care in Rocky Mountain House and surrounding area. Our practice is based on a few very basic philosophical beliefs:
- That pregnancy and birth are inherently safe and normal.
- That midwifery care promotes growth, and empowerment through education that encourages a person’s awareness of their personal strengths.
- That midwives honour your journey of becoming a parent as caring, supportive, and non-intrusive guardians of birth.
- That birth is a profound and transformative experience that requires respect, attention, and compassion.
- That a client has the right and responsibility to make informed decisions that impact the health of themselves and their baby.